Friday, November 6, 2009

Still Terrible. Loving Life

I just can't seem to find a free minute to make a post these days. Sorry everyone. I am guessing that 3 months without a post has pretty much destroyed any hope of people reading this. Oh well. I guess that's what I get.

Anyways, we are still very busy. Moving furniture around the house regularly. Keeping Jackson busy with school, music classes, play groups and the Michigan Marching Band practices. He knows the fight song and the march now.
He also knows the Arizona Statefight song too (we are a Rose Bowl household, Big Ten and Pac 10!).

We just finished a remodel of the downstairs bath/laundry room. We had a birthday party for Jackson even though his actual b-day is Nov. 9. We went to the farm complete with aniamls, a hay ride, a hot cider/donuts.

Heather is doing well with her pregnancy. I fear she as just entered the last stage of this adventure. The back pain is becoming more of a daily thing. Climbing the stairs at home is getting tiresome. She's baking cookies again. Last time, cookies we're made at least 3 times a week. We've reached 2 times this week. I think we had a Costco cake last week to pinch hit for the baking. So I feel like it's official.

The new baby's room is coming together. We have a changing table, a rug, a dresser, a not-yet assembled crib and some clothes. I am really digging the little girl clothes and I have a feeling that I will be spoiling my daughter in record fashion. Is it over-the-top to want to put a chandelier in your daughter's room? Is it too much to think that she needs to have a $70 pink pettiskirt? Of course we should get her the Angelina Jolie/Brad Pitt endorsed Kingsley onesie. It was in People magazine. (Okay, that last sentence is further proof that females, no matter the age, will always dictate the male agenda). I have come to terms with this despite kicking and screaming the entire way.

We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our daughter as well as new additons across the country as a lot of our friends are expecting. We have babies coming to the Jackson family (10 days), the Russell family (December), the Schroeder family (May, finally!).

All that being said. There is so much to be thankful for. So much to be excited about. So much to love about life. Jackson's face can surely attest to that.

No comments: